1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Smart product

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by KyleZ71, May 20, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Hey everyone, my father recently saw this on gears and belives everything stacy says. just wondering if anyone used it and if so what were their results. thanks guys.

heres the link
    http://www.fuelsmart.info/
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

sounds like some sort of aftermarket AFM system. it might work, not sure id wanna test it tho.

Alex
  3. KyleZ71

yeah i like my truck the way it is but he wishes his tahoe got more that 14 mpg
  4. KyleZ71

so im taking it no one tried it yet? i think its pretty new
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Aftermarket AFM system.
    Depending on the type driver he is this product could be great or a pain in the tail.
    But before jumping out and buying one a few figures should be crunched.
    The advertisement is for "as much as 22% fuel savings"
    What would 22% savings amount to on the vehicle?
    How much does that equate to in $$?
    How long will this product have to be used to pay itself off?
    In the end it may not be worth the time, expense, and effort.
    Not to be a jerk here but a Tahoe is not ever gonna get good mileage, if you want good mileage sell the Tahoe and buy something smaller with less cylinders to feed, some things are just a fact and cant be changed.
    He might be able to improve his mileage on the Tahoe with a few cheaper methods.
    Check tire pressures, check tire sizes.
    Next oil change go to synthetics for engine and trans.
    Drive with more care, i.e. easy on the starts, coast to stops etc., hyper mileage tecniques.
  6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

^^^^^^^^ Agreed, i mean that is why I bought myself an older used Civic
  7. KyleZ71

We tried the classics, intake, programmer, syn oil. we only saw and average of a .4 increase in mpg. Im fine with my mpg in the silverado, but I would rather not have him waste money on the tahoe.
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It appears to be the same thing as the AFM on my 5.3 that is a total waste of money, in my opinion. It never seems to work when it should be and mileage on my 2010 is lower than my 86 suburban that was a 4bbl carb.
    To me it all seems to be smoke and mirrors until someone can actually prove day to day results. Theory is great but I here more complaints about the 5.3 with AFM