Fuel supply line to throttle body issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Dantheman96, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Dantheman96

Dantheman96 Member

Hello again everybody. You guys have really helped me out in the past and I really appreciate it. I have a problem with the steel fuel supply lines that go into the injection unit. I replaced the intake gaskets yesterday on my 96 Burban. When I was pulling the intake(s) off, I bent the steel fuel lines up and out of the way to keep them from being damaged. Well, about 5 hours later, when I was wrapping up the job, I bent the lines back down to reinstall them. I can't seem to get one to go all the way down into the hole so i can install the retainer. These lines are very hard. It takes all my strength and then some to get them to go back in and hold them there while I put on the bracket. They are all bent out of shape now. Any suggestions? Here's a pic to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Notice the steel lines going down into the throttle body- that's them!

View attachment 25432 View attachment 25433

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

You can get some extra slack if you undo the line clamps that secure them further back. Since you've bent them & bent them back again you may have some problems with alignment & sealing so check close for leaks when you fire it up.