1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Tank Size

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by hoosyurdaddy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy Rockstar

Trying to order a new fuel pump for the Burb but I cannot determine the fuel tank size using the RPO codes.Any advice?:neutral:
  2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

LMC has a section in their catalog for tanks.
    look up your year and trim
    1 person likes this.
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Also if you have your owner's manual it should be in there.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

call the dealership with vin# and they should be able to tell you.
  5. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy Rockstar

Thanks,none of the RPO codes match up with the tank sizes. The choices when ordering a fuel pump for a 91 v2500 are 31 gal. and 40 gal. I would think the default on a heavy duty rig would be the 40 gal but I want to be sure. Owners manual only mentions that there are two different sizes. Did confirm I had the 4L80E tranny. That made my day.

- - - Updated - - -

Used the measurements from LMC. 35x28x13. Its a 40 gal. tank.Thanks for your help.:great:
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I suspect the 31 gal tank is "standard" and the 40 gal is an optional tank. If so, there should be an RPO code on the glove box sticker (if the 40 gal was installed at the factory). The RPO for a 40 gal tank is: NE2