1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

fuel transfer tank help

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by mpgall26, Feb 18, 2013.

1. mpgall26

mpgall26 New Member

I came to this forum hoping for some help finding a place in Ma that installs fuel transfer tanks. I'm looking for a 40-60g tank&pump since its the best way I can think of to store and rotate fuel for generators. I otherwise will have to store in gas cans and constantly rotate. This way I always have fuel on hand for truck or generators and its always rotated and used. the laws and so forth are so confusing I dont even want to screw with DIY and not even sure if I can have one if I'm not commercially registered, which I just changed to personal registration and am never going back (at least in Ma).
    Thanks for any guidance.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

What type of truck? Tanks in the bed?

I would talk to excavating companies, they would use something like this for fuel transfer.

The big guys would do it in house, but the small ones might recommend a shop.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Home Depot has in bed tanks for pick up trucks and pumps.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I dont know what the laws are in MA but here in Texas you can buy an in bed fuel tank at Home Depot or Tractor Supply, theres local shops that'll plumb and wire.
    Probably the hardest part would be getting it plumbed into your existing tank to either transfer fuel from or run the truck off of, most of the in bed aux tanks are designed to transfer fuel to equipment and dont have fuel level gauges.
  5. mpgall26

mpgall26 New Member

I don't want it to supplement my truck (2500HD) just to offload fuel to other machinery. I'm looking like a hawk to find someone driving with one and stop and ask them, but all of sudden I can't find one to save my life.