1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fueling up Avalanched

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by BlackSmoke*, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The pumps in CT don't cut off they want all your money :lol:

But gas here is now 4.09 average.
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know my truck as a 27.5 gallon tank (per the sales sticker) and looking online. The way it normally works is that trucks with the really short bed 4.5 feet or something have the small tank, then trucks like mine with the 6.5ft bed have the medium tank, and then trucks with an 8 ft bed have the big one (34 or 36 gallons.

They do that because the shorter the bed, the less space they have to put a tank. The avalanche is a hybrid design (Crew Cab + that custom bed). So the size of the tank you have would depend on how long the frame is that the avalanche is sitting on.

I try to fill up around a quarter tank so I am usually putting 18-23 gallons in each time, avoiding the $100 limit here and never had an issue. But if you hit that $75 or $100 limit, then you will need to swipe the card again and continuing the fill up.
  3. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* New Member

I honestly never even heard of such a thing as in the pump shutting off at $75.00 or $100 but then again my past vehicles didn't have a very big gas tank so I never would go over the limit.

Thanks everyone for having my back. Really glad to be in this community as I am a new owner of an Avalanche.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

thats what we are here for... :glasses:
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

nak, the Av is a Suburban with the upper rear corner cut off. It uses the same tank as the 'Burb

Smoke, easy to check. Next time your at empty, refill, let it shut off and hang up the hose like you are finished. Then re-insert the card and start to fill, you should be able to top it up this time.