Full Size Camping Travel Trailer Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, May 26, 2013.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I picked up this older 5th wheel....needs some work, but it was cheap.

008.jpg 004 (2).jpg

2. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks! Towed it surprisingly well for only having 3.08's….barf.
    I have to admit that it is not my trailer however - My father's Chevy store also sells trailers and we took this one in on trade. My girlfriend and I had a camping trip planned about a month before this came in, so the timing was perfect. The thing is in beautiful condition and had a perfect layout for the two of us. The couch pulls out to make a bed for kids too…later on though! I'm still a kid myself :lol:. As a matter of fact it is still sitting on the lot I'm surprised no one has picked it up yet…if it's there much longer it might find a new home with me ….I loved it.

It was the first time I've ever camped out of anything besides a tent and I'm afraid it has ruined camping for me. I might as well just buy it and call it a day.

This summer I plan on adding a leveling kit on the truck so I can clear 35's, while adding 4.10's. I imagine that will help a lot. I'll probably do some airbags as well, I've read some good reviews on here about them.

Someday I hope to save enough pennies to throw a supercharger on :glasses:

Thanks again for the compliment!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking rig!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Here is our 27 foot Forest River Sierra bunkhouse model. 30 foot from bumper to hitch. I am currently using it as a home away from home. I work about 2 1/2 hours from home, so I stay in the trailer in an RV park during my work week, then come home for the weekends.

Attached Files:

4. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Really? There aren't more members on here with camping trailers? Tent trailers? Travel trailers? Fifth wheels? Even if you use a flat bed trailer to put a tent on it while camping?

Come on everybody! Show 'em if you got 'em!

5. bsmntcritr

bsmntcritr Member

100_2502.jpg 100_2503.jpg 100_2500.jpg
    Wife and I picked this up last September. We tow with a '11 3500HD EXT CAB 4X4 equipped with a aluminum flatbed from Hillsboro.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a beauty of a trailer.

7. 64C10

64C10 Member

Rockwood A122bh 18 foot long, with my wifes truck in Tombstone at sunset. folds flat like a popup but with hard sides

TMBSTN 102_0510.jpg

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is that an actual picture or is that from a brochure?

9. 64C10

64C10 Member

actual pic, thats my wifes Honda Ridgeline sitting in front of camper. there are some other pics in my album.

10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

IMG_20140116_163834_708.jpg
    IMG_20140116_163931_584.jpg
    Here's Truck Norris hooked up to my 2014 Forrest River 8.5x20' car hauler... which is going to be doubling as a sleeping quarters during this year's "Crudefest" Texas music festival.

...that counts, right?! :rofl:

ChevyFan likes this.