1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Full Size Camping Travel Trailer Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, May 26, 2013.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I picked up this older 5th wheel....needs some work, but it was cheap.

008.jpg 004 (2).jpg
  2. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks! Towed it surprisingly well for only having 3.08's….barf.
    I have to admit that it is not my trailer however - My father's Chevy store also sells trailers and we took this one in on trade. My girlfriend and I had a camping trip planned about a month before this came in, so the timing was perfect. The thing is in beautiful condition and had a perfect layout for the two of us. The couch pulls out to make a bed for kids too…later on though! I'm still a kid myself :lol:. As a matter of fact it is still sitting on the lot I'm surprised no one has picked it up yet…if it's there much longer it might find a new home with me ….I loved it.

It was the first time I've ever camped out of anything besides a tent and I'm afraid it has ruined camping for me. I might as well just buy it and call it a day.

This summer I plan on adding a leveling kit on the truck so I can clear 35's, while adding 4.10's. I imagine that will help a lot. I'll probably do some airbags as well, I've read some good reviews on here about them.

Someday I hope to save enough pennies to throw a supercharger on :glasses:

Thanks again for the compliment!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking rig!
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Here is our 27 foot Forest River Sierra bunkhouse model. 30 foot from bumper to hitch. I am currently using it as a home away from home. I work about 2 1/2 hours from home, so I stay in the trailer in an RV park during my work week, then come home for the weekends.

Attached Files:

4. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Really? There aren't more members on here with camping trailers? Tent trailers? Travel trailers? Fifth wheels? Even if you use a flat bed trailer to put a tent on it while camping?

Come on everybody! Show 'em if you got 'em!
  5. bsmntcritr

bsmntcritr Member

100_2502.jpg 100_2503.jpg 100_2500.jpg
    Wife and I picked this up last September. We tow with a '11 3500HD EXT CAB 4X4 equipped with a aluminum flatbed from Hillsboro.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a beauty of a trailer.
  7. 64C10

64C10 Member

Rockwood A122bh 18 foot long, with my wifes truck in Tombstone at sunset. folds flat like a popup but with hard sides

TMBSTN 102_0510.jpg
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is that an actual picture or is that from a brochure?
  9. 64C10

64C10 Member

actual pic, thats my wifes Honda Ridgeline sitting in front of camper. there are some other pics in my album.
  10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

IMG_20140116_163834_708.jpg
    IMG_20140116_163931_584.jpg
    Here's Truck Norris hooked up to my 2014 Forrest River 8.5x20' car hauler... which is going to be doubling as a sleeping quarters during this year's "Crudefest" Texas music festival.

...that counts, right?! :rofl:
    ChevyFan likes this.