1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Full size van 4x4 conversions

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by NatureGoddess, Jun 24, 2010.

1. NatureGoddess

NatureGoddess New Member

Does anyone know about Chevy 4x4 Van Conversions. Have you done a conversion. Do you own a Sportmobile or other conversion? Please post some pics, or a tell me how you did it. All I ever see are Ford 4x4 Vans, are there chevys out there???
    ChevyFan likes this.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Quigley conversions makes a Chevy 4X4 van sold thru GM dealerships.
  3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

Big aside, but it has occurred to me that you could sorta turn a Suburban or Tahoe-2x4 or 4x4- into a better road trip travel vehicle(we sleep in our Suburban at rest stops when we travel-we're broke) by cutting and raising the roof about 10"-15" or so just like is done on the high top conversion vans.

It might be easier to start with a 4x4 Tahoe or Suburban and make it a van that to try to add a whole front drivetrain to a RWD van.
  4. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

Something like this?
    [​IMG]
    Haha, i had to look for like 20 minutes to find this van on cardomain again.

Here's the link he's got pictures of the suspension and stuff.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3090892
  5. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member

Quigley does a CHEVY/GMC IFS 4X4 which is essentially a 4X4 system that you find on other gm vehicles. $10K

Sportmobile does GMC/CHEVY

I was just at their Fresno plant having them put some windows in.

I have an AWD 2010 GMC SAVANA.

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Sportsmobile has a 60,000 square foot manufacturing facility down in Fresno and they were cranking out the Fords. They looked bad ass. A guy came in with his Sportsmobile 4X4 converted GMC Savana that was cargo van white. It looked real good too but the Fords looked awesome. I saw some real bad ass monster 4X4 vans at the plant. But they ain't cheap. $60-100K+ depending on what you get. The skies the limit. They'll do anything, put anything in them any way you want and their vehicles are pretty damn high end 4X4 systems. Way more than you need for most off road driving.

I like my ride,,,,,, it is enough 4X4 performance for me. I do off road constantly as in wash board roads, dirt roads, snow, sand with it. I put on BFG T/A KO's with some off road wheels. The thing rides so damn nice and smooth even with the all terrain tires. I've had it up to 90 and it rode incredibly smooth, straight, no vibration what so ever. Love that about this AWD Savana.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

7. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Member

Just so you know there is a company that lifts Awd vans, can't think. Of the name but I found them asked them questions sounded like they knew what they were doing.
    Quite a few pics of their vans.