Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

fullsize vs s10 v6 vortec

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by swedp, Aug 21, 2010.

1. swedp

swedp Rockstar

hajjsaa!! means hey friend´s! i just bought a ´99 s10 4wd for hardly 2000 buck´s,it´s in good shape and new hubs ,shocks and all oil´s changed.the engine hade a overhaul with sinking oil pressure at varm motor,no banks or things.problem is exhaust lifter on 4th cylinder ticks and are loose at rocker.is that the lifter or can the cam loob be so bad? anyway,i had the luck to come over a ´99 v6 vortec from a fullsize chevie with 40000km, so i wonder if it will fit in with no hassle? thinking of drilled holes for attachment and converter to crankshaft fitments. i would like to convert to v8 but it takes so many paperwork according to swedish not understanding athorities.my other s10 4wd ´00 runs great. the vechiels are built at 5 month seperaral in shreveport/ peter pictures can send by e-mail

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

the new motor cost me only nearly 680 dollar with all gears on

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Not being an expert, I'd say yes it will fit. My son just put a new V6 in his 1989 GMC. It sure made a difference as he had 360,000 miles on the old one. I'd say you got a good price, too!

3. swedp

swedp Rockstar

yes i guess it will work,only conserned about the outside gears and attachments. the price are good i believe and the new motor is clean as new with all cablage and computer,other exhouse manifolds but thats not a problem.wish i were retired too/ best from peter , sweden

4. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

From what I read they're the same exact engines so everything should work.

5. swedp

swedp Rockstar

i believe so too,was thinking of outher gears and connections.well i fixed the engine in the truck today,it was a sticking lifter wich i cleaned and made it work.so tomorrow i will put the motor together and test.the " fullsize" v6 i´ll keep in the garage for future issius.also bought a bedcover for my s10 for 63 dollar on the net.sometimes the net are great for getting things at low prices

6. swedp

swedp Rockstar

today i put the engine back together(v6 vortec 4.3) and it started right away,thanks to an article on one of the sites for chevies.just want to say that there are 2 timingmarks on the crank pulley.the second mark should be at the zero mark on the camchaincover and the first will be down at the oilsump.don´t know why but that´s the fact,sorry to say oilpressure falls with warm engine even there were supposed be a new pump and bearings.no knock anyway and i took it for drive along the roads,it ran perfekt no leaks no sounds.so i´ll guess i spare my fresher vortec for upcomming issius.wondering if oilpressure has somewhat to do with the remotefilter this truck has,s10 ´99 4wd, there should be some reliefvalve wich dont really understand the work of.

7. wayned

wayned Rockstar 100 Posts

May just be your oil gauge
    pressure will be lower with warm oil and lower rpm's
    Glad you got it working. Did you do the work yourself?
    Remote filter should have a bypass on it.

8. swedp

swedp Rockstar

yes i did the work myself,but first time on v6.interresting engine.i´ll chech with another oilpressure sender this weekend,went by the garage tonight after work no leaks but pressure falls after 15 minutes idling.someone said to change filter to AC,using purolator right now.i´ll try a grade thicker oil aswell ,but i still thinking of that bypass valve.the motor sounds good and runs smooth even at low pressure.thought the lifters would start ticking but nothing sofar also drove on the countryside for a few miles and it felt perfect