1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuse Block - Diode II ? ? ?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by SuburbanSS, Dec 3, 2009.

1. SuburbanSS

SuburbanSS Member

Hey all,

I have a 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD w/ 5.7L and the ODB-II port doesn't seem to want to interact with any ODB-II scanner that is attached to it, running or in ON position.

I was then checking the fuses thinking maybe one that controls the port was blown or what not if it even has one. Is there anyway to diagnose the port itself, or a fuse that controls it.

But to get to my question upon inspecting the Fuse Block, I found a fuse labeled in there as a DIODE-II, and it has a resistor fuse in it. A non-fused fuse if that makes any sense...

Thanks for any assistance.

Jon
  2. TBK

TBK New Member

Does your cigarette lighter work? I think the cig lighter and the obd port share the same power source. If the cig lighter doesnt work, check the fuse, its probably blown. Replace the fuse and you should now be able to communicate with the vehicle using your scan tool.
  3. SuburbanSS

SuburbanSS Member

I have 1 out of 3 power ports that work whereas the other 2 do not. However I was unable to find any blown fuses.

I guess I will have to try unplugging the two that do not work and see if they are shorting out the odbort, I thought they shared (odb port & cig lighters) but with no blown fuses this makes me at a loss.