Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fyi - Third break light assembly water leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TMRuiz, Jan 8, 2009.

1. TMRuiz

TMRuiz Rockstar 100 Posts

To all 2007 and later Silverado and Sierra owners. I just had to bring my truck into the dealer due to the third break light assembly leaking water into the cab. It ruined the headliner and the had to pull all the interior out of it to dry up all the water. Just want people to keep a look out for this. I didn't notice it till my area got hit with some pretty heavy rain. Dealership says it doesn't happen often but they have had a couple of trucks brought in for it. The rain collects right above the the back window by the support post. I'm just letting fellow GM owners know to keep an eye out for this just in case.:neutral:

2. jmonte3

jmonte3 Rockstar 100 Posts

man thats unlucky, thanks for the tip i'll keep an eye out

3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, I'll watch for it.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow I have never heard of that happening, now I'm going to be paranoid about my tan headliner! Thanks for the helpful tip, and I hope I don't ever have that problem!:fighting0034:

5. road rash

road rash New Member

Is your truck Reg, Ext or Crew cab?

6. bigpun0503

bigpun0503 New Member

i had the same thing happen to my 03 silverado, didnt see it until i had my amp under the back seat and it got and started cutting out i just took the third brake light out and siliconed all around it fixed the problem

7. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Same with my '03. Noticed it when I went through the car wash last night.

8. Bluewater

Bluewater Rockstar

I'll look..

Thanks for the info... Better keep an eye on mine..

9. TMRuiz

TMRuiz Rockstar 100 Posts

leaking third break light

It's a Quad cab just like yours.