1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ga$ price$

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GM_Guy, May 3, 2007.

1. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

with the price gouging back again, will it affect your travel plans for the summer? as for me, I plan on driving only when I need to, like going to the store etc. I put a basket on my bicycle, and will use that for carrying light items
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I will probably try to make better use of the driving I do and will limit it where I can. This should allow me to make my yearly trip to the Oregon coast in the new motor home I bought. It seems odd, when I had a diesel motor home diesel was higher than gas. This time I switched to gas and as of this week, diesel is 10 cents cheaper than gas (as it should be). "Price you pay for the life you live!"
  3. mowerboy1000

mowerboy1000 Member

I will still drive as much as i did when gas was 1.87 a few months ago. Now it is 2.99 and I am driving more now that i work all of the time and i am pulling a trailer so it is even worse, but at least all of my gas is tax deductable
  4. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

Yes, once again this year as the gas companies bend us over at the pumps I will cut way back on driving. I will only go fishing and tow the boat maybe 2 -3 times max AGAIN and I once again will leave the Lobster traps in the shed. NO trips planned other than my 1st vacation in like 10 years in September.

I am SO TIRED of the manipulation and greed that is driving these high prices it is beyond words.
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It’s just ridicules, and then the taxes they ask over here.:mad:
    I think I’m going to fix my bicycle:whip:
  6. mowerboy1000

mowerboy1000 Member

we just hit 2.15 today
  7. terry0341

terry0341 Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Try $3.19!

We hit $3.19 today:eek: , Good thing I am getting 19 mpg on my burb. Wife just ordered a MINI Cooper:party: so that gets mid to hi 30's. I am totally disgusted with the oil companies!:mad:
  8. Pakeboy2

Pakeboy2 New Member

We'll drive the same way also...
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

10mpg in the 98 2wd sierra 2500. Im hoping the burb (which should be finished any day now) will get better milage. Its a 95 1500. What does everyone elses get? After that the GMC goes away until around election season when the politicians lower it to get our votes.