1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

gainfully employed! can't wait to move to the WA!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 383man, Sep 12, 2008.

1. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

For those of you who remember my post a while back about how i'll be moving to washington state soon as i'm getting out of the navy, I got a job! No more need for my plan to collect unemployment, grow a zztop beard and collect cans for a living i suppose lol. anywho, i got a job working in chehalis, wa at the power plant as a tech. so if your in that area, and know of any good hunting, fishing, camping, four wheeling, off roading places to go, let me know, i'm new to the area.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a great place to be. You're in a small community, but you can be in Olympia in 30 minutes and Tacoma in an hour (barring traffic). You can get to downtown Seattle for an event in maybe 1:45 to 2 hours or go the other way to Portland in a little bit less time than that.

Congrats on your new life, new job and potentially new facial hair. :party:
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats with the new job :great:
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

congratulations on the new job! I'd still grow the beard if I were you.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrat's on the new job. I'm sure that takes a load off of you. Have fun!
  7. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

lol, you know, i probably will, i'll probably keep it trimmed down a little more though to prevent bird nesting and accidental dread locks. thanks for all the comments guys, i can't wait to get on the other side of the country, it's hard being so far away from your family ya know, my new nephew is 6 months old and I still haven't been able to meet him yet. soon though hah.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats on the job. The next few months of transition from Navy to Civilian will be hard but at least you got the hardest part of finding a job over with.