1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Garage Parkers! How do you stop?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I just figure out where it would be best at then i look out both side windows and find something that wouldnt be moving and i tell myself you need to be lined up with this object. like now i use the mower out the side of the passenger window and say that i need to be lined up with the middle of the seat. then that gives me pleanty of room to walk all the way around the vehicle if id have to
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Tahoe doesn't get garage luxury, but when parking my dads car I try to do pretty much what [MENTION=57079]1953bowtieguy[/MENTION] does or if the orange home depot bucket in front of the car I use that and if I tap it I know I'm in perfect.
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I just have a receptacle on the wall that I line up with.
  5. 1953bowtieguy

Ya i think everybody lines up with some thing in the garage. and conlan my yukon dont really get parked in the garage either that is mostly my moms 97 chevy pickup extended cab. mine usually gets in if its going to hail or if im working on it like right now. im taking the engine out of it now to either rebuild or replace.
  6. Conlan Rose

Same situation only during bad storms or being fixed. Usually my dad's Insight gets the garage. Have fun with the rebuild keep me posted.
  7. 1953bowtieguy

ya im not sure if i want to rebuild it yet or get another engine. If id rebuild it i would prolly turn it into a 383 stroker with a hydrollic roller cam and lifters in it. But then if i get a new engine from GM Preformance I would just get a 350 for about 2200 or 2500. And no matter what i need to replace my oil cooler lines cuz they leak like a siv. and i would paint the valve covers red, maybe get hooker headers, hopefully i can get a cold air intake for her and a throttle body spacer. Also since she is in the garage i was going to replace my grille cuz i dont like it anymore. im going back to the painted grille, maybe billet. dont know yet just want the chrome one gone.
  8. Conlan Rose

PM me about it so [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] doesn't believe we are going to off topic. :sign0020:
  9. 1953bowtieguy

ya probably should do that shouldnt I
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My truck doesn't fit in the garage. However, in previous years when I owned vehicles that would fit in the garage I would carefully park the vehicle where I wanted it and then hang a tennis ball from the ceiling in such a way that it touched the windshield and was aligned with the rear view mirror.

2 nails, some string, and a tennis ball are cheap and it's a reliable system. :)