GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Gas at 22 CENTS a gallon

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by FrigginNoodles, Nov 16, 2012.

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Hey everyone,

So I can't help but share this with you all. :party:

The Mobil Station down the road just started doing a rewards program about two months ago where you earn money off of gas with every purchase inside the store (excluding lottery, alcohol, and gas). For every $20 you spend you earn $0.05 off a gallon, then they also do promos like buy any slim jim and earn $0.03 off a gallon. Anyways I have been racking up my savings like crazy just buying things I would normally purchase, although I have been buying in larger quantities and making less trips to the store.

Next time I am going for free gas! (if I waited I would of had free two days later :no: )...

IMAG0609.jpg

On a side note it was really strange watching the gallons move so fast and the money so slowly.
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

thats awsome! I wish stations around here would do that kind of thing. gas on post is 3.16, so im not complaining to much, it can keep going down.

Alex
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

That is awesome! We have some grocery stores that will let you earn up to $2 off per gallon. But, you have to spend $2000 in one month to get that. My parents add points to the card and I do also. But, we have never gotten above $1500 in a month which is $1.50 off. I did start buying gift cards at the store for things that I know I am going to buy anyway. For example we were redoing a room for my youngest son, we knew we would be going to Home depot often, So I bought the homedepot gift cards from the grocery store to add some fuel points to the card. That was the month we hit $1500
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

22 cents per gallons is awesome! But business don't do those promos to lose money. I am thinking the up charge on the products inside the store makes up for the cheaper gas. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer :eek:uch:
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

They exclude the only things I buy at gas stations, so it'd be moot for me. :(
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Chrome and Surreal hit the nail on the head.

I like my grocery store perks. Always 3 cents off a gallon, if you are a card holder, and if you buy at least $100 of groceries in a month, then you get 10 cents off a gallon. Every now and then you'll get 20, 30 and even 40 cents off a gallon. Last time I filled up I got 20 cents off. It was nice filling up for $2.98/gal.
  7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Late response but, I agree they don't do this to lose money for sure. I buy my cigarettes at this station. (i know smoking is bad and I would save more if I just quit) Every time I buy a carton I earn 70 cents off a gallon. I do pay about 10 cents more a pack at this store. So I spend an extra dollar per carton and save $14 when I fill up. So all in all not a bad deal.
  8. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com New Member

I'd be happy with your regular price of gas, $2.19?? The cheapest it's been here in northern Ohio is $3.59, I use 93 octane and it's $3.99..
  9. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

The normal price of gas was $3.79 at the time. The price in the picture is showing $0.219. It's that 9/10 of a penny that makes it look like $2.19

I wish gas was that low though. It has been dropping lately so I'm happy.