1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GAS/DIESEL SWAP in FL or close !!!!! LOOK HERE

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by DAREDEVIL, Dec 16, 2010.

1. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hello , anybody that wants to have a diesel in theyr gaser let me know .

An other Member and i will open a shop here in Bradenton FL and do these swaps for way less then others ...because some are rip offs !!! ( SORRY )

It is way easyer then some companys will tell u and we figured out a way to do these PROFFESIONAL for ~5500-6500 Bucks complete with everything u need.
    This Price is based on 350 vortec to 6.5 l TD intercooled , other extras to gain even more power are avbl. !!!

Most likeley i am offering this to models from 95-99 for the above price.

We can do older or newer ones as well !!!!

We will look in to Duramax and other, in the near future ( depends on how many will be interested ) !!!!

But the 6.5 TD is a very reliable engine .

So why not get more power and gain way better milage then a gas engine .

If u pull a boat,or any other trailer u will be surpriced about how much farther and easyer u can go !

Contact me any time per PM , Scott

PS. to the moderators here, i hope i stuck this in the correct area if not i am sorry !!!!
  2. Off Duty

Off Duty New Member

Subscribed to the thread and a PM has been sent.
  3. DAREDEVIL

Welcome !!!!!!!
  4. Off Duty

Off Duty New Member

Thanks.
    Got your PM back but was up to my rear in gators today and didn't get a chance to respond.
    tomorrow...
  5. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey Scott, Are you going to do this as an exchange engine program, or are you going to modify the customers gas engines to diesel?
  6. DAREDEVIL

Stephan...NOW COME ON !!!!! EXCHANGE..or u need to show me how to modify a gas engine to diesel !! LOL

If the gasser is in fair condition i can even take some $ off !!!!
  7. stephan

That's why I was asking lol.. There are places that swap out cranks, rods, pistons, flywheels etc to convert them..
    If you're not modifying them, then $5500 - $6500 sounds like a pretty good deal for the customer. You're gonna have to get a good deal on the engines to make much profit. Are you & your bud going to be doing all the work, or are you going to have employees?
  8. DAREDEVIL

My Buddy and i are doing all the work ourselfs..he is a chevy diesel guru and i am the bolt bitch..LOL

No , i am good with electric stuff and modifying..and he knows all about 6.2 & 6.5 diesels...here is what we are planing for mine ..

Bigger Turbo ( 17 instead of 12 pounds )
    Intercooler and blow off valve from a foreign car
    Marine injectors
    mechanical fuelpump
    and some secret stuff
    ~ 500 HP & 600 tourge !!!! YES BABY

Then, shift kit for my tranny, and 3:42 gears gonna be in the 25-35 MPG range and running 85-90 @ 1700 RPM !!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!

Some super extra stuff can be had for extra money and we actually do this to support our shop costs , not to get rich.
    Nobody gets rich anymore in this country unless u start with a few milion !!! LOL
  9. stephan

Good idea about supporting the shop costs. Most people just don't realize how much stuff you use in a shop that isn't chargable to the customer. Shop supplies are a freakin killer to any auto/truck business.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

A few years back when gas was $3.50 a gallon & diesel was still only $2.00-$2.25 a few places sprung up around here & started doing conversions. Swapped out the cranks, rods, pistons etc. They ran mildly higher compression ratios so they'd live past the 1 year 25,000 mile warranty.:rofl:
  10. DAREDEVIL

They way with gas/Diesel prices now , u still safe a bunch of money and actually gain power with the swap !!!!

I just did the math..kind of.

Now i get like 12 MPG ( 42 gallon tank ) = ~ 420 miles cost for 1 tank ( here ) =$ 126
    DIESE, lets say 28 MPG(42 gallon tank ) = ~ 1176 miles cost for 1 tank ( here ) =$ 136

I think its well worth it !!!!

Plus if u have a 150 K miles gasser and get a checked out Diesel !!! U do the math on this !!!!! mhhhh

Oh, ofcoarse we will service these vehicles as well and cheaper then any shop can !!!!!

+ interior work and all the good fun custom stuff !!!!! just ask, there is nothing we will not do or say no to
    Boats , Trucks , Cars ..all the toys in 1 HAND !!!!
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010