1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GAS/DIESEL SWAP in FL or close !!!!! LOOK HERE

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by DAREDEVIL, Dec 16, 2010.

1. XtremeTimma

XtremeTimma New Member

Would you consider doing a diesel swap with a Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier. I am very interested in ordering a Toyota Hilux or Nissan Navara half cut for instance and doing a swap.
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Absolutley , we can stick a diesel in a mini cooper if anybody want's !!!!!

There is nothing we can't do !

And WELCOME to the club !
  3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The diesels can certainly get better mpg than spark motors.
    The "best" EPA hy mpg any 1/2 ton Suburban has ever recorded was the 22 mpg the 1988 Suburban with the 6.2 diesel (I think it was the 6.2)Maybe this 6.2 wasn't turbocharged-not sure.
    I think that year-1988-the 350 spark motor was rated at 15mpg EPA HY(these are the re-rated ratings not original EPA sticker ratings).
    I'm pretty sure than not even the newest Tahoe Hybrid only is rated at 21 mpg-just like the 2010 XFE Tahoe.
    A diesel should improve mpg-especially hy mpg and towing mpg.
  4. DAREDEVIL

100% correct..and with small mods we seen 32 MPG on HWY , not towing ..in a 6.5 Turbo
  5. jrsavoie

jrsavoie New Member

On my 89 6.2 C2500 with 5 speed & 3.73 gears I got 25mpg.

Are you in to Cummins 6BT and 4BT conversions as well.

I'm a manual transmission type of guy. What transmissions are available?
  6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The 89,89 1/2 ton diesels trucks had/have to best GM full size EPA hy rating. I think the Hybrid Tahoe and the EFI Tahoe and pickups are rated at 21 mpg hy(maybe one of them is rated 22 mpg) and that has taken over 20 years.
    I'm not too surprised a MT 3/4 ton got 25 mpg hy-despite being 6000 lbs or so.They had decent torque, but not much hp-nothing like current monster diesels-22 years of development
    The most recent Ford Powerstroke will get an honest 25 mpg hy also-took 22 years, of course it is a monster motor-close to 700 lb ft and maybe 7000 lbs even as a 2wd.
    Diesels are very efficient. Now they are also expensive to buy-new- and expensive to repair and maintain, but they are efficient. If you don't need a diesel it is hard to beat GMS spark V-8s for overall cost to buy maintain repair.
    It would be nice to have 600 lb ft of course-I don't need it, but it would be fun!
  7. DAREDEVIL

Yes we can do cummins and did ..the best tranny would be a Allison 6 speed auto for the BT6.
    But we can build what ever u want and ofcoarse make it work..but its all about money...

The reason we like to swap 6.5 TD in gas chevy/GMC's is because it helps safe dollars which most want with a gas truck/car !
    U will , if u are using your vehicle in a normal way ( daily ..~ 8000-10000 miles a year ) safe about $ 2000-2500 a year on gas with a 6.5.
    The cummins will safe about the same , but its more then double to do the swap ( if u do it correct ) now on a 2 wheel drive it is a little cheaper .

I hope that answered your questions, if u have any more ...just PM me !

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

If people would take better care of they'r rides ( diesel ) there is actually way less maintnance cost involved then on a gas engine !
    They also get way longer life out of them then a gas engine with more efficentcy and better milage.

I run a gas engine in my raceboat and i tell u that i wish i could make a diesel work in there..but since there s no tranny that would make it run 100MPH and take off like a raped ape...OH WELL !! BUT I'M WORKING ON IT !!! LOL

But the cost to maintain the gas engine is way higher then a diesel, the tuning is way more expensive in a gas engine of today then a diesel ( the way we set them up ) and on and on...

I mean if u look at the cost of a glowplug compared to a sparkplug i say yes...but if u look at how long a glowplug lasts compared to a sparkplug u are way off with your math !!
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  8. DAREDEVIL

OH, for some that want to go crazy with a 6.5 ....we can do this aswell >>>

come on people, its slow right now...give me some work !!! LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  9. DAREDEVIL

OK, shop will be open in Bradenton by the 1st of february !!!! Taking WORK , so come on...waiting for you guys !!!!! LOL
    The shop is right off of 301 and 63 AVE EAST !

LETS GO !!!! get your Diesel today and don't wait for gas prices to drop .......THEY WON'T !!!!
  10. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Diesel prices won't drop either :grrrrrr: