1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

gas door,

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by CHEVYVANMAN, May 22, 2011.

1. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

what was chevy thinking when they made them so cheap, has anyone else herad the dreaded ping yet?

i need to get one before she goes in for paint, do they sell the whole door as an assembly?

[​IMG]

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ok Ok First off Could you get your kids the Caddy EXT ride on NOT the Furd....LOL 2nd.. What are you talking about? Did your Gas door fall off? 3rd What is that on the right? A Spider boat?

3. CHEVYVANMAN

no i couldn't find anything big enough to pull the boat, lol my kid has a walmart discount so it was a no brainer haha trust me i looked,

i ended up taking my gas door off , it acted like a brake when we would stop, ie; swing open lol i ordered all the little parts but it is the door itself that is broke, the parts guy was an idiot and don't want to have to go back there, i have to fix it before i go into paint with it. so i was wondering if i can buy the whole assembly,

yea that is my grandsons new boat, he's a spiderman freak . he loves his truck more though lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That is cool.....

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Try www.compnine.com Chevyman. Enter your year, model etc & it'll show you parts for your truck. Scroll to the body section & you can get the part number for the gas door & then you can circumvent the inept parts guy that didn't know where to look.

I've never heard the "ping" from my gas door, but I heard it twice from both door handles about a year apart. Pretty wimpy stuff on some of those latch assemblies

6. CHEVYVANMAN

thanks guys i appreciate the info, it makes ya think how cheap they can make stuff huh.