1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

gas gage

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mark c, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mark c

mark c New Member

hello all first time posting i am having a problem with my gas gage it acts as if it has a loose wire and for some reason i think it is at the sending unit do i have to drop the tank to get to it?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Year, make, model will help alot. since there are different problems with different years.
  3. mark c

mark c New Member

that relly was not enough info it is a 2001 silverado and the gas gage neddle acts like a wire is loose some times making contact and sometimes not
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

******Threads merged, please only one post per question******

Alright yes it is most likely your sending unit which is a very common issue with these trucks, and you will actually have to replace the entire MOdule to get it to work correctly.. Be sure you replace the wiring harness connector with the new one that comes with the new module so you dont have as much issue in the future.
  5. mark c

mark c New Member

thanks mike i am stll learning about this computer stuff and am a little overwelmed by this web site but i will keep hammering away so far i think it's a great site!
  6. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Hey Mark, welcome to the GM truck club. You're in good hands with Murdog on your fuel guage. No worries about getting used to the site. You'll learn it. Murdogs just grumpy sometimes ha ha ha
  7. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2! Haha ..........