Gas gauge, heater, and wiper issues

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by magic, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would check the resistor for your blower motor. Also check the connector at the blower. My connector melted in my 95 and would stop working over bumps also. I think There was a recall on the wiper motor for that year. there was on my 95. they changed the cover out. It could be a ground issue or the resistor for the wiper motor. you could try removing the wiper motor and cleaning up where it mounts, reconnect it and see if it changes anything. Your fuel gauge issue may actually be the gauge stepper motor in the instrument cluster. (moves the needle) I believe that those do not require soldering to replace and are pretty easy and cheap to do. About $15 and 30 minutes of your time.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The blower must be the resistor not working properly.

The gas may be caused by a faulty stepper motor in the gauge cluster

I'm not sure what may cause the wipers to act like that. Is any other function on the switch/lever not working?

Also I would check your grounds because all can be caused by a bad ground connection.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I moved your thread here and changed the title to fit your questions/topic. Hopefully, this will help you get more responses/opinions.

And Welcome to the Club!!!

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If this thread now looks a little confusing/different, it's because I merged three of your threads into this single thread, as they all started with the same topic.