1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gas is expensive!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by LowFlyer, Mar 31, 2005.

1. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

really old thread but i just had to comment. It's amazing seeing people say that 2 bucks is expensive for gas. Who ever thought it would be twice that amount now..sadly i have never experienced the "expensive" but actually cheap gas cause i wasn't driving yet. If i saw a gas station that cheap right now i would get all the gas i could while i was there.

Here's a story..

Last year a gas station in my town made a mistake and the gas was priced at i believe only like a dollar. My dad came home in the early morning when he left for work and told me to hurry up and go fill up. I jumped out of bed, ran to my truck in my pajamas and my hair standing on top of my head and tried to get there as fast as i could. Half way there and my dad calls..he was the last vehicle that got the price before they changed it back. Man was i pissed.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. What a difference in just under 8 years. I'll bet that between 1955 and 1963 they didn't see had prices go up like they have for us.
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I filled up yesterday for $3.11/gallon. Cheapest I have seen all year.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I filled my wife's van yesterday at $3.23. But, I had .30 off per gallon using my parents Kroger card. (they shop there but have no kroger station near them) So, I filled it up for $2.93 per gallon.
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You all are lucky!! I live in CT gas is normally above 3.75 no matter what, right now its around 3.90
  6. Pikey

It is crazy the price difference between states. I was on the phone with another member here and I drove passed a station and exclaimed, "Holy Crap, Gas is $4.50 now". He just started laughing and said that he was only paying around $3.70 a gallon at his location.
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had this exact same scenario happen to me a couple months ago. Gas was in the $3.20s, got 30 cents at Kroger and paid in the $2.90s. Was pretty sweet. I get all my gas (and gorceries) at Kroger for that very reason. As for my previous post, the $3.11 was the cheapest "sticker price" I have see all year. I have filled up for much less than that but only with huge discounts.

- - - Updated - - -

This is something I never understood either. It's all the same product and comes from the same place but the price varies WILDY from station to station. I know each state has different ammounts of taxes they put on gas so prices vary from state to state but what I don't get are how two stations across the street from each other have different prices and why does the price vay from day to day? Nothing else we buy has a price that volatile - only gas.
  8. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

This is why I ride a motorcycle
  9. Pikey

It is funny, I don't shop at Kroger. They are actually the closest store to my home. The issue is that the store remodeled last year and their prices skyrocketed. An example, I needed ground mustard. I had an old container from kroger that I bought during the remodel. The price tag said $3.99. I went to get a new one and it was $5.99. While the meijer has it for $3.99. So, I only run in there if I really need something fast. I will just continue to benefit from my parents shopping there!
  10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i payed 3.27 last week and I was happy to get it.

Alex