Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gas is expensive!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by LowFlyer, Mar 31, 2005.

1. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 1 Year 100 Posts

it's $3.85 here right now
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What state?
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Usually I fill up for $3.18/gallion at the NEX. Hurts
    my wallet every time though
  4. 95_5spd

New York. I fill up sometimes. I used to all the time but I've just been putting like 20 bucks or so in each time. I can go a while on that so I don't get gas that much
  5. McClintoc

Ouch. NY is about 70 cents higher than here in TX. Of course, CA is probably even more.
  6. 95_5spd

Not a surprise that gas is more expensive here in NY. It's ridiculous. But some places are higher so I can't complain. Washington state is $4.05+.

If I head down to New Jersey I can pay around $3.35 at this time. I went there a couple weeks ago and payed that. I get all excited when I see a cheaper place.
    It just makes no sense why its a whole 50 cents more here.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I never understood putting only $5-$10-$20 worth of gas in. You are going to use it anyway and chances are that the prices are just going to increase. I worked with a guy that would stop on his way into work every morning and put $5 in his tank. One morning I asked him why he does that, isn't his time worth more? He thought about it for a second, said "wow, I never thought about it that way". After that he would just fill up once a week and be done with it and he was no longer late every morning.
  8. I do that, not everyday, but I usually can't afford to fill up OR the stations closest to my house are more expensive than ones I know I'll be passing later on.

- - - Updated - - -

When I saw the first post on this thread, I thought someone was bragging about finding a low price on gas, and then I realized it was from 2005 when it started to increase "because of Katrina". Oh to complain about paying more than $2 a gallon again....just paid 4.15 here in GA.
  9. McClintoc

Haha, that's funny right there!
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yea, he would always say that he could not afford more. I said that if he is putting $5 in 7 days a week then why not just put $35 in all at once. He looked at me and said, "Then I would not spend my gas money on other stuff, that's a good idea". I never said that the guy was bright.