Gas is expensive!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by LowFlyer, Mar 31, 2005.

1. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

it's $3.85 here right now

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What state?

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Usually I fill up for $3.18/gallion at the NEX. Hurts
    my wallet every time though

4. 95_5spd

New York. I fill up sometimes. I used to all the time but I've just been putting like 20 bucks or so in each time. I can go a while on that so I don't get gas that much

5. McClintoc

Ouch. NY is about 70 cents higher than here in TX. Of course, CA is probably even more.

6. 95_5spd

Not a surprise that gas is more expensive here in NY. It's ridiculous. But some places are higher so I can't complain. Washington state is $4.05+.

If I head down to New Jersey I can pay around $3.35 at this time. I went there a couple weeks ago and payed that. I get all excited when I see a cheaper place.
    It just makes no sense why its a whole 50 cents more here.

7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I never understood putting only $5-$10-$20 worth of gas in. You are going to use it anyway and chances are that the prices are just going to increase. I worked with a guy that would stop on his way into work every morning and put $5 in his tank. One morning I asked him why he does that, isn't his time worth more? He thought about it for a second, said "wow, I never thought about it that way". After that he would just fill up once a week and be done with it and he was no longer late every morning.

8. I do that, not everyday, but I usually can't afford to fill up OR the stations closest to my house are more expensive than ones I know I'll be passing later on.

- - - Updated - - -

When I saw the first post on this thread, I thought someone was bragging about finding a low price on gas, and then I realized it was from 2005 when it started to increase "because of Katrina". Oh to complain about paying more than $2 a gallon again....just paid 4.15 here in GA.

9. McClintoc

Haha, that's funny right there!

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yea, he would always say that he could not afford more. I said that if he is putting $5 in 7 days a week then why not just put $35 in all at once. He looked at me and said, "Then I would not spend my gas money on other stuff, that's a good idea". I never said that the guy was bright.