1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gas milage cant be this bad

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dadngt, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dadngt

dadngt New Member

Hey I'm starting to think I may have a gas leak in the Silverado even though I don't smell gas I have gone 67 miles on a little less than half tank & I'm driving normal I used to be pushing 140 at this point. I also keep parked on level ground so not the gas sitting on one end of the tank. A few times I let it get down to 1/4 left & in no time it was on E with the gas light on. I am doing everything as normal used to be able to get about 2 weeks of driving on 3 1/4 tank now not so much. Any ideas on what I can check?
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

To be truefull, you are going to need a little more percise info before we can help.

If your truck does not have a DIC, you'll need to check the mileage the old fashion way. Fill it, record the mileage, drive until you are around the 1/2, or lower point, refill, record the gallons to fill and the current mileage.

Use the miles driven and the gallons consumed to calculated the mpg. It may not be as bad as you think.

If it is bad, maybe new O2 sensors will help, more air in tires, tire alignment, etc. may help