Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

gas milage???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ascalese, Feb 10, 2008.

1. rgrs7

rgrs7 New Member

I've got a 2007 Suburban with the 5.3L V8. I'm getting 12.4 MPG in the city and around 15-17 MPG on the highway. Really sucks intown but what can you do. I've noticed you can buy "chips" on e-bay that will increase your horsepower and also increase your gas miliage. I've always wondered about them. I'm guessing they can't be too good for the engine. There's a reason the fuel settings are set the way they are. I'm afraid if I mess with it something else will break down.

I don't complain too much about my gas miliage. I knew going into the purchase I'd be paying more a month for gas. Something you have to live with I guess.
  2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Exactly. :)

As for the eBay stuff, just avoid them. Most are just cheap gadgets they use to "trick" certain sensors that really won't help anything. Best case senario is that you won't break anything with that stuff. Just stick with the well known tuners.
  3. cdeluca

cdeluca New Member

gas

ive got an 07 burban and im only getting 11-12 highway and around town, the guy at the dealership told me after the engine breaks in it will get better