1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gas mileage and exaust

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Foxrider, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Foxrider

Foxrider New Member

Does any one now what the best exaust kit is best for a 2005 chevy silverado 1500 V8 5.3L extended cab? and also what are ways to improve gas mileage?
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Check out the Performance and Fuel section as there are multiple write-ups on both topics. The exhaust is really going to come to personal preference. I know that doesn't help a whole lot, but it's true. We're trying to gather up as many videos of members trucks as we can so people can judge what kind of sound they want.

Again, welcome to the site and look forward to hearing more from you and seeing your truck.
  3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC Foxrider, good to have you aboard. Well, I think the exhaust kit is a matter of taste but I went with the Magnaflow. I love the sound, no cab drone and it sounds great without being too loud. As far as the gas mileage, I did the K&N air intake, Magnaflow exhaust and an Edge CS programmer. I am getting 17 and 19 but the best way to get good mileage is to go easy on the gas pedal. I use the cruise as much as possible. Hope you enjoy the site as I do. :glasses:
  4. Foxrider

Foxrider New Member

I have been looking at the Dynomax mufflesrs and exaust kits because I am looking for that deep rumble sound. also i a wondering what sized tips to get on the kit?
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lower your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  6. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016: Welcome to the club and enjoy the site.......
  7. AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member 2 Years 100 Posts

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!