1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Gas mileage question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigrRed18, May 2, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

I currently am running a 5 inch rcx lift on 33 and wanted to know if you guys thought if i changed my lift to the 7.5 inch lift and put 35s would i see much worse gas mileage than i am already getting. Around town i get about 12.

2. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Not if you regear for the upgrade in tire size.

3. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

okay would it cost much to regear it?

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Not sure if you have a 2wd or 4wd, but expect to pay about ~$500 to ~$600 per differential if you have it professionally done.

5. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

yea mine is 4wd

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yeah...that just doubled your cost over a 2wd. I spent about $1,200 last year, but got some quality gears and a nice warranty. But, it was definitely worth the investment in a number of ways.