1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Gas Mileage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by tofus, Apr 8, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tofus

tofus New Member

I looked through these forums and was surprised not to find a bunch of threads on mileage, especially with gas prices as they are ($3.35 is average around here for 87)...

I'm curious to know what other TB owners get. I've got a stock 2003 LS 4.2L with 4WD and just under 70k miles. It's been well maintained, runs well and has only had a couple of issues. I'm averaging around 15 mpg city and 19 hwy (if I'm lucky). I'm not a total leadfoot and rarely floor it. Most of the time is cruising. My daily commute is relatively flat and I don't run the AC very often.

I noticed some posts that refer to 20+ mpg. I'd like to know how that's possible.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My 2003 TB floats around 15 to 20mpg, I don't commute in it so myself. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I had a Pontiac Vibe before TB and it was dirt cheap to drive.

3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just curious where you live/drive? I presume the California side of the country, but I could be wrong.

4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

TB Mileage

I often wonder why people buy a truck and then wine about the mileage. What you are getting for mileage sounds about right to me, but then I don’t own a Trail Blazer.

You want to know how to maximize your gas mileage?

You are not a total lead foot makes me think that you do at times get on it,

WELL DON’T GET ON IT, AT ALL !

Drive it like you have a rotten egg on the gas pedal, and I mean one that has been sitting outside in the Calyfornia heat for about a week.

You can’t expect maxamum mileage if you sometimes get on it. I know sometimes in order to merge on the highway it is absolutely necessary and can understand it. But then your mileage is going to show that.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007