Gas Prices are Starting to Come Down!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Oct 3, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, we can debate to the ends of the earth on why gas prices seem to not be tied to free market economics, but in fact are manipulated outside of regular supply and demand ... but the good news is that GAS PRICES ARE STILL FALLING!

I took this the other day when filling up, and they've dropped a little bit more since then.

Arlington, Texas on I-20 - paid $2.999 for unleaded last Saturday.

[​IMG]

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Steve are you trying to make the rest of the country want to end you??? We are finally down to $3.47, but what sucks is it is getting on twards snowmobile time and i have to run a minimum octane rating of 91 in that SOB and that $3.88 a gallon right now

3. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Dang Murdog! I run regular in my Porsche.LOL We have lower prices here due to the low gas tax. When folks text on the interstate down here they occasionally look up thinking they're on a dirt road. You know asphalt is expensive. You should thank your elected officials for using it in your state.........:lol:

4. murdog94

Yeah Regular in my sled= $500 in a rebuild kit. If i could find offroad 93 i would run that all the time. but the max in MN is 91 unless i feel like ridding on pavement to get to my parking space..

Oh and i know it is because of road tax and blah blah blah. but i actually drive on the worst section on I35 in the country when i come to work.. good thing Struts are cheap lol

5. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

WOW, i saw $3.39 today In Neenah Wi. and thought that was cheap.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sadly, it's just temporary.

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Dropped 6 cents a gallon since last week.:great:

8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yup...if Obama gets his way we will be taxed to death for gas as soon as the Oil companies lose the tax breaks and they pass that on to the consumer. My wife and i watched the episode of The Amazing Race last night(we had it on the DVR) which was Indonesia.

My wife was amazed at the amount of scooters...I told her we may be riding those by the time I retire. I am 40 now.

87 Ocatane is around 3.23 to 3.33 per gallon depending on what side of town your on.

9. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Woah, $2.99?????? That's awesome lol. Cheapest I've seen around my neck of the woods is $3.32 as of Saturday.

10. murdog94

I still hate you all! LOL