gas prices going down

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pontiacGTP123, Jul 17, 2009.

1. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

lately gas prices are going down, and since we drive trucks that sounds good, but ive been wondering how much are they planning to go down and how long? I figured since the big holidays like the 4th of July and stuff is gone thats why there going down. Also where summer is starting to end, what do you all think?

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well in my area gas had dropped the most in my state and was ahead of the national average, now i dont ever remember gas prices dropping like this before July 4th and in my town it actually dropped .05 on the 4th. And have still been falling. I know the OPEC guys believed that the eceonmy was gonna turn around so demand low means prices high, then there was some more information leading to that we have yet to hit the worst part, especially since the unemplyment rate is still rising so demand may be low, but the only way to get it up now is to drop prices. But i thik this is leading to something else, and that some are right that we havent seen the worst of this recession yet, especially since they admitted the 800 billion stimulis wouldnt really show any help until this time next year.

3. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hopefully it keeps going down, all but one of my vehicles is a truck and it kills me to cruise the gp around and let the monsters sleep at home.