Gas Prices!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, what's the deal? Gas prices have gone up and up and up over the past 2 months. They'll be $2.60/gallon again soon here in the DFW Texas area.

2. pntbllrules53

pntbllrules53 Member

i donno, here in CT they are $2.53. i really hope the prices drob by mid-april because i'm making a trip to New Jersey for the weekend and i rather spend $100 than $125 to fill the 40 gallon tank.

3. ChevyFan

Yeah, doesn't look good for that. :-( Prices have gone up here in the last day I believe. Creeping upwards again.

4. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have heard the excuse that they are starting to switch back to the summertime reformulated gas and it costs more to produce [cough - b.s. - cough]. :roll: I will start riding my motorcycle more when the weather begins to co-operate.

5. ChevyFan

Yeah, it's been crazy cold for the past week here. I was in the hospital when it was dumping down rain like crazy.

6. OldDiesel

OldDiesel Rockstar 100 Posts

In the hospital? Everything all right?

On the Gas prices... Be glad you're not driving Diesel. On average around here, it runs about .15-.20 higher per gallon than regular unleaded. Pretty routinely pay $2.64-$2.79/gal.

7. ChevyFan

Oh, I hurt my left elbow just over 5 weeks ago and it got infected. I spent 5 days in the hospital so they could give me drip IV antibiotics.

Anyhow, enough about me. Gas is back up! I paid $2.85 today!!!!!!

8. nemopoppins

nemopoppins Rockstar

I tried to buy gas yesterday and the credit card reader on the pump was not working so I had to go give my card to the attendant so he could turn the pump on. I went out and pumped my gas and the pump stopped while I was sitting inside my Suburban, listening to Rancid. Surprised, I looked up and the pump had stopped at $60. I went back inside and asked the attendant why it stopped so soon--he was holding my credit card. He said that they have to preauthorize an amount when they turn the pump on and he figured a big car like mine would take a high amount. I laughed--at $2.86 per gallon, that was less than 1/2 a tank! And I have to fill up almost twice a week! (It might be a hardship, but it's a matter of priorities.)

9. ChevyFan

Yeah, that's true.

At $2.85/gallon:

5 gallons = $14.25
    10 gallons = $28.50
    20 gallons = $57.00
    30 galons = $85.5

10. Guest

Guest Guest

These gas prices bite it! Keep going Steve. I'm sporting a 42gal tank, and with gas prices this high, I sometimes put off filling up until the last few gallons. That's $119.70 @ $2.85/gal. Well that's the price you pay for driving the vehicle you love. Gas prices around here have been steadily rising from $2.30 to $2.69 over the last month. Haven't seen $2.85 yet.

On the lighter side, my daughter who's 14yrs keeps looking at the prices and gets mad, then comments that, "Someday she'll be rich, and own a gas station that everyone will come to, because she's going to set the price at .99cents/gal" Gotta love kids. :D :D