1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gas Tracking Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by anthonyl9, Jun 26, 2009.

1. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

I created a spreadsheet to track my gas mileage, and want to share it with you all if you want it. It calcs avg MPG, Cost per mile,Mileage on a fillup, Historical avg cost per mile, cost per day, Oil change intervals, and oil change costs. Some other items are High Gas cost date, and High MPG dates, totla fuel cost by year...

Its a work in progress, but it does more than the basics

let me know who wants a copy.
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yeah that sounds like a fun idea, I don't think I would do one but I would like to see one for your truck. It's a 5 cylinder right, or id it the 4 cylinder? trplxl2@gmail.com
  5. ProFuel

ProFuel New Member

Hello, I'm using Jet DS Tuner, ScanXL and EEC Analyzer for data acquisition and programming
    I am always interested in looking at something new, can you e-mail me some picks
    chris@profueltech.com

Does the software pull data or is it manually inputed.

Thanks
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'd also like to check it out, thanks! [bjmjohn@gvtc.com]
  7. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just got a chance to check it out, and I got a flash back to Chemistry in high school with all of the graphs and charts we had to do. That is a very cool idea, and I think that could be a very accurate way to keep track of mpg's gained from upgrades to your truck. Thanks for e-mailing it to me,......................AMY:happy:
  9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I believe this is just a simple spreadsheet - you open it on your computer and enter in your information as far as mileage, gas price you paid, how much you filled up at and he has it to calculate your mpg, cost of gas per gallon, etc.

Anthony have you thought about putting your spreadsheet up on Googledocs? Might be a good/easy way to share. Next time you are email, shoot a copy my way if you could. Thanks!

Check PM!