1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gas vent modual?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by woodennose, Sep 29, 2011.

1. woodennose

woodennose New Member

Had my Tahoe scaned at advanced auto and they said something about a gas vent modual. Is there such a thing? If so is this going to be a high dollar repair? 06 Tahoe 5.3. Thanks!
  2. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

I have an '04 Yukon & sort of remember some kind of vent built into the gas tank, kind of think it was molded in

maybe a service manual would help, sorry I can not offer any more assistance
  3. wayned

wayned Rockstar 100 Posts

fuel tank evaporator control solenoid po449
    for my nnbs silverado part#19207763 $98 shipped
    gmpartsdirect its on the back of the gas tank (on Mine)
    see if yours looks the same
    its a updated part for older trucks you need to get some 5/8 heater hose to go to the remote filter

[​IMG]

Check Engine Light Diag EVAP Codes - YouTube
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  4. woodennose

woodennose New Member

Took the tahoe into dealer today. They told me there was a puddle of gas under it where it was parked. Funny thing is there was never anything in my driveway! gave me a price over 1000$ Gave me 2 codes P0445 and p0449 does anyone know what these are. he also said somthing abought emisions vent valve. Thanks!
  5. wayned

wayned Rockstar 100 Posts

6. woodennose

woodennose New Member

Wow Great info thanks a lot. I do need to apologize to my local Chevy dealer. I thought they were trying to rip me off when they told me there was a puddle of gas under my truck. I never noticed a leak until I backed it up on my ramps then gas that was sitting on top of the tank poured off the top. Seams one of the tubes coming out the top of the pump has a small hole rusted through. Now im in the process of puting in a new pump. I, wondering if po445, and po449 codes could be from that or if my vent valve is bad also?