1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

gatorhyde spray in bed liner

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by tmcroc24, Jul 14, 2010.

1. tmcroc24

tmcroc24 New Member

has anyone used gatorhyde before? the dealer i bought my truck from offers this in there service department. is this a good product or am i better to go with line-x or rhino linings?
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I've never heard of "GatorHyde"... I've heard of "GatorBaock", but thats not like a Line-X or Rhino Lining, it's more like Refinish Restorer...
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 never heard of it. I've had Rhino and Line-X and the Line-X is great. The Rhino ripped and the dealer won't warranty it. My Line-X is over 5 years old and has been abused with rocks that dented the fender wells, fuel spills, chain saws etc. and it still looks good.
  4. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts

I've seen this advertised at a local bodyshop... Don't know how it compares to Line-x and Rhino though. Even the GatorHyde website doesn't really compare their prodoct to any other spray-in liner.
    http://www.gatorhyde.com/
  5. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

LINE-X has been the market leader for spray-on truck bedliners since 2005 (according to Frost & Sullivan). That doesn't mean that they are the only good company, but it does mean that if you are #1, you probably have top quality products.

Gatorhyde might be OK, but you won't get as good of a warranty. LINE-X's is lifetime nationwide. Sort of funny: On Gator's website, click "Products", then click "R&D", then click "Quality Control" (Page Cannot Be Found) :rofl:
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that's ironic that a QC page would have an error. I took a class once where the professor wrote his own book, there was a section on proper spelling and grammar and it was full or typos. :)
  7. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't know how the quality of GatorHyde compares to the other spray-ins, but according to their website, they have the same nationwide, lifetime warranty...

Pretty funny about the Quality Control page not found though... Sounds like their programmer wasn't paying attention. However, if you click on the "Spray-in Bedliners" picture, it opens to their "Spray on Bedliner Quality Control & Product Testing". But again, nowhere on the site have I found a direct comparison with their competitors. That's why when I get my bed sprayed, I'll go with Line-x.
  8. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

I'm in Texas. According to Gator's website, there are 3 dealers in the entire State of Texas. They may have a nationwide warranty, but....