1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Gauge cluster problems

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by ntbush83, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My speedo and tach have been messed up for sometime now. Sometimes it works and somtimes it doesn't. also the temp gauge will mess up to. This happen to anyone else or what the best way to fix it?

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

common problem on these trucks in our range. its the cluster that goes bad. gm covers it for up to 70k miles. had mine done almost a year ago.

3. ntbush83

Well shoot mine has 99,000. Best place to get it fixed or buy a new one?

4. dsfloyd

i think you need to buy rather than fix. not sure what it costs at the stealership. didnt see it on gmpartsclub, but you could check ebay.

5. ntbush83

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

rofl I've never seen that before. Did you coin that word? "stealership" ha ha ha :rofl:

7. dsfloyd

No Ive heard it for a while, probably more on the land rover forums but other places as well.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I believe you will still have to have the dealer program it. damn electronics:grrrrrr:

8. ntbush83

Dang shoot. For 400 bucks I can guess my own speed haha. Also my navigation and thermometer went out on my rear view mirror. I can't find a single place that sells a replacement mirror. They all require hardwiring because they are universal

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

10. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Nutbush,
    Instead of spending $400. for a speedometer, just tie that cheatin wife of yours around the front tire. Every time her head smacks the pavement, that's one revolution! Measure tire circumfrence & count the number of "head smacks", then simply multiply to calculate for speed. Be sure & leave your window down so you can hear her scream!! ha ha ha:rofl: