Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

gauge illumination problems

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by DanZepp, Jun 4, 2010.

1. DanZepp

DanZepp New Member

Sadly my 04' silverado gauge assembly is starting to fade and i wonder if anyone knows of a way to fix this issue without having to actually purchase a new cluster... plus all blue gauges would be nifty they would match meh stero...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  2. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

hey there! sucks that your having the problem man. you can replace the individual ilght themselves, but there not like the old ones that just twist on and off. they are actually solidered onto the circuit board. i did the bule LED conversion on mine (its an 04 too by the way) so i've seen it up close and personal.

with that said, in order to change the bulbs, your gonna have to get to the circiuit board. so, since your already in there, you should just do the blue conversion and get it over with!!:great:

i just de-solidered all the bulbs and took them out, then glued my own led's on and ran the power to them to my headlight wire so it still worked with the auto lights. however, i did EVERYTHING!! gauges, climate controls, window and door lock switches, the whole 9!! heres what it looks like:

[​IMG]