1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

gauge lights and blinkers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ajochner, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ajochner

ajochner New Member

I just bought a 1975 chevy c20 custom deluxe from my buddy and everything is solid except i cant figure out why the gauge cluster isnt lighting up and the blinkers arent working, and by that i mean when i turn the truck on and flip the blinker lever on the steering colum the blinker arrows dont even light up
  2. 99 Z71

99 Z71 Member

the bulbs could be bad if you pull the gauge cluster out you should be able to replace them, you might even be able to get some LEDs at the part store for around $10 and they should last for ever
  3. RAMwoodworks

RAMwoodworks New Member

Pull out the gauge cluster and look at the back. It probably has a plastic sheet with 'printed' copper on it to make the connections. Since nothing is working it is probably the ground for the sheet. look where the connector plugs into the back of the cluster and see if the copper strip is intact.