1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gauges Broken

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jwco5.3, Mar 4, 2010.

1. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member 100 Posts

I need to send my Gauges our for getting the motor fixed. Will my truck run without them? THanks
  2. mkruluts

mkruluts New Member

I don't believe that your vehicle will allow for no gauge cluster, and your on board computer probably has a check for whether or not it is connected. If its any consolation, my truck's speedometer sometimes seizes functionality, but the truck continues to function correctly otherwise, maybe the same will apply for you.
  3. Budweiser143

Budweiser143 New Member

My stepper motors went not too long ago as well. Apparently GM knows there is a problem with the stepper motors that control the gauges, but in order to be replaced free of charge, they have to go bad before 70,000 miles I believe. I bought all new stepper motors my '04 on ebay for $25 which included shipping. If you do a google search, you can find many different write ups on different forums. Here is a link to one of them.
    http://forums.*************/showthread.php?t=48886

The particular seller I bought mine from also included a good "how to" along with the motors and I believe offered free phone support if needed.
  4. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member 100 Posts

Thanks, I'll look into it. Definately not wanting my truck down for that much time, and def dont wanna spend stealership dollar amounts.