1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gday people

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Rigger, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Rigger

Rigger New Member

Hi
    I am a Aussie living in Thailand and just bought my first little 2009 chevy colorado 2.5 turbo intercooled diesel and love it even with the ugly front end ( it grows on you). I have started do some engine mods to the truck already and am really impressed with it peformance and next month will be taking it to the next level with a whole host of new mods.
    Have never really been into cars, more of a bike person so I am learning bits all the time with the help of a Aussie guy in Bangkok suppling me with hi proformace parts

Anyway the site looks good :great:
  2. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member

Gday and welcome.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Post some pictures when you get a chance. I sure wish that GM could offer that engine here in the states!
  4. Rigger

Rigger New Member

A few pics,
    Next month the car goes to Bangkok for a larger turbo with a modified housing, bigger intercooler, quick spool headers, waste gate , smart gauges, cold air intake with all new piping and silcon hoses, and re program the DSM. and new 3" exhuast system will be looking at about 275hp and 600 nm of torq.
    It a fun truck to drive already with only 200hp and 400+ nm of torq.
    its un like any diesel I have ever driven and bags the wheels easly in fist and second gear. I have had it up to 200 klm/h but then it hits the speed limiter that needs to be removed by someone that knows what there doing.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  5. 1ATony

1ATony Member GMTC Sponsor

Welcome to the site.
  6. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi Rigger! Welcome to the site!!!:glasses:
  8. Rigger

Rigger New Member

Thanks for the welcome
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Wow is all I can say, the truck is very different from the Americanized version! Your right that front end has to grow on you, at first I was like "Oh hell No!" But the more I look at it It kind of looks like an Equinox grille with Ascender headlights, but the rest of the truck looks really good. Welcome to site, and we look forward to more pictures. :happy:
  10. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!