1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

gears

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 516blackout, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 516blackout

516blackout New Member

hey guys i got a 2500 silverado with a fabtech 6inch lift kit looking to get a rize 10inch lift i have 35,s wanna put 40,s on there what gear ratio should i do its still my daily driver and i tow about a 4000pd trailer and its a gas 6.0 if anyone has any input that would be great and i will be selling my 6inch fabtech lift also its 6mths old i can also powdercoat it to what ever color u want to match your truck
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

Put 4.56's in it for a 40" tire unless you drive a long way then i might go with 4.10's and use low range for wheeling. either way the pinion will be plenty strong so just decide what trade off you want 4.56's will make the tranny way happier all the way around
  3. al96chev

al96chev New Member

4.88's at least you wont regret it