1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gen2 Prototype of Custom LED Projector Headlights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by SurrealOne, May 11, 2012.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

Those look really good on your truck. I like your LED bumper lights with the DRLs and turn signals too. Sadly, nobody makes decent LED bumper lights for this generation of Silverado/Avalanche, so I just bought LED DRLs on eBay that I'm waiting to receive. I'll have to make due with that until I can do a crazy LED project and make some custom LED lights in the factory housings.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look'in Bright!!!!!! :glasses: Do they come on with the parking lights or head lights?
  3. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:glasses: THIS IS SWEET.....^^^^^^^, The Finished product is Unbelievable... Well DOne!!!
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks for the positive feedback PMF, Enkei, and DD.

I have them tied to the DRL's so they are on during the day. I also have the DRL's set to remain on (diode mod) with low/high beam use. Thus, they're always on when the transmission is engaged.

Mine are made by Eagle Eye. If you buy them I recommend you seal them with silicon sealant before deploying them. I had a drop ship error in my favour where two sets were accidentally sent but I was only charged for one set ... and it ended up being a good thing because I learned with the first set that they were poorly sealed ... and corrected it with the second set.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got a pic without the head lights on?
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not one that came out; lighting yesterday was pretty poor for pics during the day ... and I couldn't get just the DRL's on while the truck had its nose in the garage (even with a flashlight pointed straight at the light sensor).

I'll eventually get one around dusk ... timing will have to be right for it, though. Probably not tonight.