General Grabber AT2's

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mrbrown88, Nov 13, 2011.

1. mrbrown88

mrbrown88 Member

I am looking at getting a leveling kit and a set of 275/70/18 General Grabber AT2's. Does anyone run these tires? If so, could you give me some pro's and con's and maybe some good alternatives? Thank you in advance for your help!

2. mrbrown88

mrbrown88 Member

Nobody has these?

3. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had them on my explorer and in the few months I had my explorer with the tires on, they were great. And people might say "oh you didn't have them on long enough to really test them out" but I had them on my explorer from December to the beginning of June (when I traded for the Silverado) and they handled the snow perfectly. Never got stuck and I sure tried to get stuck too lol. They handled well in normal conditions as well. A little more noise than the previous tire but for an AT tire, they weren't that loud. For the money, they are a good deal IMO.

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

One of my cousin's friends has them on his F150 and he likes them, good traction on and off road, can't say anything from personal experience though. As an alternative, check out the BFG All Terrain T/A KO's, they're great tires, I've used them on my truck for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with them. Great traction on and off road, very quiet for an AT tire, good tread life, not that expensive, plus they look good IMO.

5. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

A lot of ss guys run these and I haven't heard anything bad about them. I have run Nitto 420s and currently running Toyo proxes stII. The Nitto and Toyo are goo alts.