GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

General Grabbers 33 x 12.50/ 17

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 07XCSB, May 1, 2012.

1. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

Does anyone one here have the new General Grabber red letters? Do you like them? Hows their ride? Do they sing alot? Thanks for yall's input.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

3. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

Thanks Mr. Fleetwood. I've read that post, I found it while searching, but I'm wanting to see if anyone as actually bought and run them. I've read good reviews on other items in magazines, but the item sucked in real world use.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I looked at these ... in that size, no less. I didn't like the red letters (not for me). Had they been all black I'd probably have tried them out. I'm just as curious as 07 is on this topic since they're an item on my hit list that I passed up for purely cosmetic reasons.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

I definitely understand. Maybe @jnbama will catch this thread as he has/had them. If he doesn't, may try PMing him.
  6. jnbama

jnbama Member

Just have OE's on my truck for now and will till new ones are needed, found a review on Pro Pickup. Reviewer said they did good on his 2500 under heavy load , quiet on pavement and good traction in rain rocks ,sand and soft dirt but not very good traction wet clay and mud
    Grabber-on-teh-rocks.jpg
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

My memory must be fading as I continue to age, as I must have remember a past post incorrectly....Thanks for straightening me out :glasses:
  8. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

Thanks for chiming in J. Thats the kind of info I was looking for. That info also kicks them out of the running. I need clay and mud traction. I wish the made the tire I have now in 33x12.50/17. They are great all around.
  9. jnbama

jnbama Member

No problem happy to help out , used a vacation day to do some spring cleaning while the truck I drive is in the shop. Wanted to mention my youngest neice lives in Denver, visited there a few years ago and had lots of fun. Rocky Mtn. State Park, Garden of the Gods , Pikes Peak , Co. Railroad Museum with a greasy cheese burger at an old local diner nearby and Wings over the Rockies, going to make it back one of these days.
  10. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member

I've heard about them and i'm getting a set. And throwing these on mine. Can't wait! BallisticEnigma.jpg
  11. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

What are you running right now 7? Every A/T I've come across is rated less than great on mud, but that's why M/Ts are around. Therefore, I'm just curious about your experience with what you're running.
  12. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

13. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

I saw a NNBS with these tires and I thought it looked good. Didn't care much for the "Cali stance" (front is higher than the rear) but to each his own.

[​IMG]
  14. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member

Just ordered the wheels came to 600, tires are coming next week. 4 of these tires went for 1100. I cannot wait until they come in!
  15. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

Ooo some pretty nice looking tires imo
  16. rkpalm

rkpalm New Member

I had a set in that size on my tacoma. I loved the way the tires looked and always got compliments. I was running them with a set of KMC XD wheels. the tires wore very good, I put about 30,000 miles on them and they had over half the tread left on them. They did not have alot of road noise nor did they "walk" around on me. I did not get very good traction on wet surfaces and they seemed to lose their balance quickly. I had to have them rebalanced about every 4-5000 miles. Luckly discount did it for free when I rotated them. I did not get them in mud, but they did good in thick sand and on rocks. The other issue I had with them is that they are very heavy, I lost alot of power and about 4mpg running them. Around town I could not use overdrive and if I was in going up and down hills I had to shift out of overdrive. They did look really good on my black truck with black rims thought. I am not going to buy another set, I think I will go with either nitto trail grapplers or dick cepek FCII.