General Grabbers!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by proxcause, Feb 4, 2010.

1. proxcause

proxcause New Member

After alot of searching I have put a set of 4 General Grabbers on my fullsize 94 Blazer. Major improvement in the ride over the Wrangler RT/s. Wrangler RT/s tires came with the truck when I ordered it in 94 and I had in the past replaced the tires with the same model over the years. This time the Wrangler RT/s tires were unavailable.

Noise is significantly reduced, with my new General Grabbers and overall the truck has a much more fresh ride. I am interested in what effect the new tires will have on mpg.
    Well worth the price!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ok pet peeve of mine there are many types of "wranglers" what type did you have wrangler AT/S, RT/S, SR/A, MT/R, MT/r with Kevlar, Silent armor, Radial, AT, Duratrac, GS-A, HP, HT, ST or TD thats not to include the goodyears made for wallmart sams club ect

3. 2ksilverado

2ksilverado New Member

ah general grabbers lol.. i had a set of those.. they are def a smoother and less noisy ride.... but they seem to wear fast

4. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Whenever you go from a passenger street tire to an offroad type tire you decrease MPG. For instance using a passenger tire on a Tahoe or Blazer vs a Mud Terrain. You increase the size of the tire and increase to a more aggressive tread you decrease MPG. But I wouldn't worry about it as the difference is going to be negligible. If it is even measurable. When you go to a slightly more aggressive tread you have pro's and cons. If you drive offroad you have gains there. You may lose a bit in street performance and MPG's.....There are always trade offs. It all depends on what you are after. If you want the best MPG's then consider a passenger tire IF you have a 1/2 ton and your vehicle is rated for it.
    Which Grabber did you get? There are like 8 different grabbers????
    I would be very surprised that they would be quieter than a passenger tire like the Wrangler RT.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  5. bozerama

bozerama New Member

My 2010 silverado has general grabbers from the factory they seem good so far...700 kms