1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

General Grabbers!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by proxcause, Feb 4, 2010.

1. proxcause

proxcause New Member

After alot of searching I have put a set of 4 General Grabbers on my fullsize 94 Blazer. Major improvement in the ride over the Wrangler RT/s. Wrangler RT/s tires came with the truck when I ordered it in 94 and I had in the past replaced the tires with the same model over the years. This time the Wrangler RT/s tires were unavailable.

Noise is significantly reduced, with my new General Grabbers and overall the truck has a much more fresh ride. I am interested in what effect the new tires will have on mpg.
    Well worth the price!
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ok pet peeve of mine there are many types of "wranglers" what type did you have wrangler AT/S, RT/S, SR/A, MT/R, MT/r with Kevlar, Silent armor, Radial, AT, Duratrac, GS-A, HP, HT, ST or TD thats not to include the goodyears made for wallmart sams club ect
  3. 2ksilverado

2ksilverado New Member

ah general grabbers lol.. i had a set of those.. they are def a smoother and less noisy ride.... but they seem to wear fast
  4. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Whenever you go from a passenger street tire to an offroad type tire you decrease MPG. For instance using a passenger tire on a Tahoe or Blazer vs a Mud Terrain. You increase the size of the tire and increase to a more aggressive tread you decrease MPG. But I wouldn't worry about it as the difference is going to be negligible. If it is even measurable. When you go to a slightly more aggressive tread you have pro's and cons. If you drive offroad you have gains there. You may lose a bit in street performance and MPG's.....There are always trade offs. It all depends on what you are after. If you want the best MPG's then consider a passenger tire IF you have a 1/2 ton and your vehicle is rated for it.
    Which Grabber did you get? There are like 8 different grabbers????
    I would be very surprised that they would be quieter than a passenger tire like the Wrangler RT.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  5. bozerama

bozerama New Member

My 2010 silverado has general grabbers from the factory they seem good so far...700 kms