1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

George Zimmerman pulled over in Texas - packing heat in an Avalanche or Ridgeline?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just say that GZ was pulled over in Texas over the weekend, he was packing heat and told the cop that he had a gun in the glove box. But, I can't see the video clearly enough. Is that a Chevy Avalanche that he's driving or a Honda Ridgeline? Any of you Avalanche owners confirm or deny this? It looks very dark, hard to read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTnnOd46ZE

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, I came across some other websites where people say that it's a 2008 Honda Ridgeline.
  2. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen New Member 100 Posts

I'd be packing heat thru Texas also.
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That is a Honda Ridgeline - the supreme wanna-be of trucks.

Also, WTF is the cop doing at the very beginning? Can he not get radio reception?? LOL
  4. ChevyFan

There's a heat advisory in Texas today ... and it's got nothing to do with the weather. lol.

Actually, high today of 103F but it feels like 113F due to the humidity.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Humidity??? From what? This ain't Houston! :glasses:

Weather.gov shows DFW to be around 45% humidity today - that's half of what is normal in H-town!
  6. ChevyFan

But other parts of the country that get over 100F on a regular basis are about 10-15% humidity, that's why they have the extra heat advisory.
  7. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That is definitely a Ridgeline.

Since I imagine the Black Panthers want GZ dead, I would be packing heat as well.
  8. ChevyFan

I wasn't too far away from him I guess on Sunday. I drove in around 3 PM on I-20 through Forney, and he was just a couple of miles north of me on Hwy 80.

I have half a mind to drive up there and post a sign declaring Hwy 80 the Firearms Freedom Mile and put a sign up welcoming Mr. Zimmerman to Texas.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  9. McClintoc

BAHAHAHA! :rofl:
  10. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

I feel bad for him. No matter what we all thought of the trial, Zimmerman will be watched until the day he dies. Days after the trial he pulled an injured couple from a wrecked truck but that was not headline news, but his speeding came across my CNN news app?