George Zimmerman pulled over in Texas - packing heat in an Avalanche or Ridgeline?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What gets me is that he's not a traditional "Texas Conservative" type of guy. He's not. In fact, one bio that I read shows that he registered to vote Democrat, so I find it to be so ironic that he's been painted to be something that's he's not. Namely, me or 50% of the guys on this site at least>

Just had to say that, you know I love my fellow truck driving brothers regardless of what politics you hold ... just as long as you don't take away my God given rights to tell people what I think, arm myself to protect myself and my family, drive the vehicle of my choice ... and maybe drink it all down with a cold one every now and again.

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You may have just missed the headline when it happened. I saw the article about him "rescuing" that couple on MSN.com. I am guessing it was staged so as to sway public opinion of Zimmerman toward a more positive stance.

3. ChevyFan

Blue Ford "Exploder" rolled over on the freeway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwc1SkN1iA

4. McClintoc

I'm surprised the media reported it at all.

5. ChevyFan

Wow, turns out the cop may have either snapped a photo of zimmerman, or snapped a photo of his driver's license. ?? I guess that's ok to do if there is a reason to do it, like if you're going to send a photo to a supervisor to get some guidance in what to do. Otherwise, it's not something you're supposed to do, I guess. ??

- - - Updated - - -

Cop Catches Heat After Zimmerman Texas Stop

6. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

Some officers don't call out their stops or license plates until they're out of the car. Stupid in my opinion. We call ours out before we light up the car and update the location when we stop. That way our back up is already enroute.

7. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I also feel bad for him. I know up here if that young kid started a fight with a 28 year old Hispanic like ZIM the kid would be still alive today . but he would have had his AZZ kicked real bad.

when your packing heat you have to be able to put up a good defense . If not then your weapon could be used against YOU !

I hope he stays out of the spot light if possible.

8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

You've obviously never been to St. Louis. When we get 100F, it is ~75% humidity and it is horribly unbearable.

9. McClintoc

I can vouch for this. I visited St. Louis 2 years ago (July 2011) and spent a week there. It was very humid. Very much like Houston (where I grew up) or anywhere along the Gulf coast.

10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Honda ridgeline. Im sure someone is going to stone me but I wantto put rigeline powertrain in an 80's malibu wagon. That j35 is a torque monster and gets around 25mpg

- - - Updated - - -

AMEN to that