1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

georgia/florida super speed law

Discussion in 'GA - Georgia Boys Chevy Truck Club' started by 00chevy53, Nov 14, 2010.

1. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I also stay around the speed limit because of points on my CDL and keep my driving record clear . Nothing is worth it to me putting my life and others at risk but I see it everyday,everywhere people driving stupid. It's never going to get any better , just dodge em and avoid tragedy the best I can
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Are you talking bout the people on i 20 doing 40 in the left lane
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Funny you should mention this, I recently had a discussion with a friend in Law Enforcement about this very issue, most states have a minimum speed limit too but officers rarely ticket drivers for violating this law because most of them dont feel its a problem, the safety issue is only with those driving to fast.
    Another issue that for some reason really bothers me is drivers putting on their warning flashers and driving down the highway, if you have an issue important enough to turn the warning flashers on shouldnt you get off the road and take care of the issue instead of driving along like everythings just great?
    Most times these drivers are in the center lanes running about 10 miles an hour under the speed limit being their own little hazard area.
  4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Only time I ever see this is when it's a Volunteer Fireman/woman heading to the station, and they are usually going faster than the posted speed.

IMO, if you are doing 30 over, you deserve to pay more money. There is no reason to be going that fast over the posted speed limit....unless of course it's a dire emergency which even then, an amberlamps is probably the proper choice rather than racing to the hospital or whatever yourself.
  5. ahmitchell1

I think if you have a vehicle that is meant to be driven hard and fast, then do it, if not don't have the car. I understand most people can't handle cars or motorcycles like that, but for those who have riden and raced there whole lives 100 is like 25. And I'm not gunna slow down on the highway until gsp and asp decide to follow the laws as well I got pasted by a cop doing at least 100 with no lights on. Pretty sure the law applies to everyone. And until they Follow it neither will I. I no I'm a jerk. Only when it comes to this matter tho
  6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

These laws were put into place to curb the Street Raciing that is growing fast. My position on this is if you want to race, take it to the track or drag strip. There is no place for it on public highways and it jeopardizes the innocent citizen trying to drive responsibly!!!
  7. ahmitchell1

I'm at the track as often as possible but I live in bama and my race car is in ga, but I've had to many friend pushed into walls and out of there lanes by people in cars who don't pay attention, I've had a friend die because a person didn't look in there side view mirror to get over on I 85 and knocked him off his bike and under another car. We were only doing 65 when this happen I was lucky enough to be 5 feet behind him. So I guess Ill just say I don't speed if cars are around me. I wouldn't want to do what I've seen people do