1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Geotrack tires anyone?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by donjciii, Mar 27, 2008.

1. donjciii

donjciii New Member

Hi all

Has anyone ever heard of a tire brand named "Geo-track" or "Geotrack"? :neutral:
    I'm a getting a good? deal on a set of P265 70 r17 , load rating "E" , 10 ply.
    But I never heard of the brand and googling it didn't returned much references....I tried to dig for a while but not many results....

Thanks in advance!

JC
  2. donjciii

donjciii New Member

3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've never heard of them but I see that you can only order them from this place online. They kinda like the continetals that came on my truck stock. I didn't like them very much. What kind of truck do you drive? What's the reason needing E" load range tires? Sorry for so many questions I was just gonna see if I could recommend something else.
  4. donjciii

donjciii New Member

Hi Kris, thanks for replying so quickly.
    I own a 2007 Silverado classic 1500 ext cab, 18 500 miles, in the factory tires (General 245 70 r17 108s) the threads started to exponentially worn out as soon as the year of warranty expired. Anyways they attract nails and screws like magnets, even though I do mostly city driving.They have several nice wholes on them, I don't remember having so many problems with the Riviera tires I drove before the truck.
    My bro in law owns a 98 Silverado 2500 ext cab long bed, he got Maxxis installed load rating E and he never got a flat again. Ever. As a note he does metal partitions so he carries screws on a daily basis. I saw the tires in a little shop and they look very well to me but I don't know that brand, and for 125.00 a tire sounds like a good deal I know my ride is going to get bumpier but I don't care about that, I just don't want to be fixing flats everyday or replace tires every 15 000 miles...

Thanks again,

JC
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Im still kinda confused on what you are looking for but Im guessing a streetable and strong road/all terrain tire. If you are looking for a strong road/AT tire I would go with the goodyear wrangler SilentArmor. Heres a link and they are relatively cheap and are a great tire in all conditions. They are more expensive but will last longer and will give u much better grip than the others. The sidewall is reinforced with a kevlar insert so it is very very strong and it will be hard to puncture it. by the way what maxxis tires was your bro in law running? I could prob give you feedback on them too

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler SilentArmor
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  6. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My buddy with a f250 has continetal E load range tires and his truck pics up tons of nails. All the same if you like the look of the tires and 125 a piece isn't a bad price then I'd say go for it. There are a few AT tires out there, that won't make your truck to much more bumpy for about the same price, Plus they look cool.:great:
  7. donjciii

donjciii New Member

Thank you guys!

I really appreciate your time to answer, I'm doing some homework about tire now. The goodyear seems to be a good choice since they really offer warranty and you don't have to deal with any unknown brand. The looks to me are actually secundary, I like the A/T look, but what I really care is not be be worrying about if I bumped into a nail or a piece of chewing gum and that would cost me my time to fix it ( I usually do my own flats :great: unless is something major). MY bro in law is using Maxxis Bravo HT760, but their closer retailer is around 200 miles away from me in FL.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it! :great:

JC
  8. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just out of curiosity, what is your location? I'm guessing you're somewhere in the Gulf South around Louisiana or Missippi maybe? Considering how worried you are about nails....
  9. donjciii

donjciii New Member

I'm in FL....plywood state.
    ;-)
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Update on this thread, anyone?