1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Get your taxes done!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 15, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just in case anyone has not done their taxes (anyone?), you can get a 1/2 off code on fidelity.com for TurboTax online.

Snap to it, they have to be in on Monday the 17th.
  2. OldDiesel

OldDiesel Rockstar 100 Posts

I was just gonna post a reminder that today is April 15th... This is the first year that I've managed to get mine done early. I've already recieved and spent my returns!
  3. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Mine were done a while ago also, I am too afraid of the IRS to dawdle on that stuff. ;-)
  4. ChevyFan

Becuase the 15th is on a Saturday (and a holiday), you have until the 17th,
  5. ChevyFan

My taxes were a mess and I'm just filing them now actually. This is the last year for me to do them myself, I'm hiring an accountant to handle all of my side business stuff that makes taxes just crazy. grrr.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I know a good one for ya.. He's past Pres of the NJCPA's Does Seminars all over the US. He will be doing one in Dallas,Tx next week.. And I have been told he is one of the Best in the US by Many other CPA's...
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Some time ago when I had a full time job and my own business (C-corporation, as I didn't want the S-corp or LLC passthrough issues) on the side, I did my taxes, myself -- for both -- and didn't file them as it was just for comparative purposes. I then went to an accountant and paid the accountant to do my taxes -- for both. The accountant got me a bigger return than I'd have gotten, myself, and mimimized my taxes for the business. The baseline of what I did, myself, for comparative purposes showed me the quantitative value of hiring the accountant for both myself and the business. :)

Since then I have always used an accountant. For me, it's been worth it not just from a convenience standpoint -- it just made good, bottom-line sense. I hope it works out as well for you.