1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Gettin some new shoes

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by maddog2028, May 5, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. maddog2028

maddog2028 New Member

Hows it goin everybody? Ill be gettin some new tires next friday that ive been waiting patiently to get for quite a while now... Now, i dont know about everyones personal preferences, but i really wanted a tire that had good manners on the highway, and a bad attitude when i decide to get off the beaten path... i came across a tire called a kelly safari tsr... one of the most agressive all terrains ive ever seen, which is exactly what im lookin for! if anybody else has em please feel free to share your opinion of em! i will post pics when i get mine and give a review after i get done runnin my tests!

Attached Files:

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Never had a set, but they look cool.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I don't have any experience with them either. They do look aggressive for an A/T. I like how the tread carries over some down the sidewall.

4. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

we've installed a few sets a work and everybody seems to like em

5. maddog2028

maddog2028 New Member

thats one of my favorite features too mfleetwood... hopefully thatll give a little extra bite when i get down into those deep ruts! on another note, ive also read in other forums that the big lugs on the outside edge of the tire are spaced far enough apart that a quarter will fit between them. thats mud terrain territory, which hopefully doesnt make em too loud on the highway... i guess ill find out come next friday!

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well let us know how they ride/sound once you get them mounted. .....and don't forget the pics!!

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The TSR's are just a tad bit different from the DuraTrac's. A buddy of mine has the TSR's and I had the DuraTrac's and there was very few diffrences. The main difference was the TSR's were a bit cheaper. The road noise is no different than BFG KO's and the roar mannors were very good for as aggressive as they look. The only fault I could find with the DuraTracs was they did not clean out going in reverse. Going forward in clay & mud they are awesome!! If you look up Lancer on here he has the TSR's in a 315 on his 1500 and they look sick!

8. maddog2028

maddog2028 New Member

will do mfleetwood! and thanks ajarman for the info! ive read that kelly is a subsidary of goodyear on their website and that they actually model the tsr after the duratrac, which ive heard is a damn good tire for the money! but, like any 18 year old just gettin outta high school, im in a budget crunch! anyway, thanks for all your input guys! pics and a review will be up asap!

9. maddog2028

maddog2028 New Member

Alright guys, after a lonnnng week, theyre finally on! So far, I completely love em! Very good road manners, a little squirmy in the corners, but nothing serious at all. These are some good looking tires so ive been told by numerous people lol. Hopefully the skies will open up here in a little bit so i can do some rain testing, but for now, these tires are excellent on dry pavement! Oh, and theyre quiet, even at 75 on the highway! I would highly recommend these tires to anybody looking for something a little more agressive, but with good road manners! Mud, dirt road, and rock crawling tests will be posted asap!

Attached Files:

10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

very nice:great: