Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Getting a new exhaust put on for Christmas! Any tips/suggestions?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by AnimalYates, Dec 12, 2011.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

So I have decided my next mod for the truck will be a new exhaust! I have watched dozens of Youtube exhaust videos searching for the perfect sound and I feel like I know what I want to get put on. My Silverado has the 4.3 and I am thinking of getting a single in dual out (2.5" both ways) muffler with dual straight pipes coming out the back. (With 3.5" chrome tips). I am debating between going with a Cherry Bomb Extreme or Flowmaster Super 44 series muffler, can't make up my mind as they both sound awesome. Also, would adding a high-flow cat sound/perform any better? Any tips or suggestion regarding my soon exhaust job would be much appreciated guys. Thanks!

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

some say high flo cats help, some say they dont make a difference. i have a super 40 on mine, liek how it sounds... cant say as ive ever listened to a cherry bomb.

go with what you like the best.

Alex

3. audible

audible Member

Corsa Performance http://www.corsaperf.com/ is the best. They make the exhaust for the high end Vette's for Chevy factory. I had on my 1996 Vette...quiet while cruising or idle===can still here stereo or passengers. But nice and nasty when you punch it or revvvvvvvv it. Close second and cheaper would be Magnaflow http://www.magnaflow.com/ Due to finances I will probably look to Magnaflow after Christmas. Need to check into seeing if adding a bolt on cat-back exhaust system will affect/void my factory Chevy warranty?? Anyone know??

Just my $0.02 :great:

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Your stock cat flows plenty for your 4.3 engine. Flowmaster has a muffler made for the 6-cylinder trucks. I can't remember the model number but I saw it on there website a few years back. It makes a V-6 sound like a V-8. Becareful some V-8 mufflers installed on a V-6 sound like a big fart!!

5. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

True Story, sounds pretty good at idle but higher rpm's sounds like azz

6. AnimalYates

So I think I'm gonna go with a Flowmaster Super 44 single in dual out muffler, with dual 3 inch tips out the back. Does anyone have a guess about how much this is gonna cost by the time its all said and done? I don't know much about exhaust so I don't know if they are gonna have to bend the pipes or weld a lot of stuff, etc.

7. audible

audible Member

Magnaflow bolt-on kit for $400-500. Just need few wrenches and about 2 hours.

8. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

I was planning on getting the same exhaust you want and I got a quote from a local shop near me for around $325, but I changed my mind and decided to go ahead run everything the same way and just get it straight piped instead of running a flowmaster muffler.

9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Well close to 300 is what I would expect, but are you looking for a used muffler? I bought my flowmaster for 50 dollars from a friend and there is nothing wrong a used one in my mind. But my only suggestion is to get it welded when its done, I am not a fan of just bolt on.

10. AnimalYates

[MENTION=48681]ChromeSilver02[/MENTION], no I don't plan on buying a used muffler. I don't know where I'd get one in the first place and I haven't even given it any thought. I wouldn't totally dispel the idea though.

And so I was talking with my girlfriends Dad about my upcoming exhaust job, and he told me that I might need to get it re-done in 2 or 3 years unless I get stainless steel tailpipes and stuff, because it will go bad or something? Not really sure exactly what he said. Either way is there any truth to that? Bc is that was the case I will just say screw the exhaust job, and spiff up my interior with a touchscreen cd/aux player/gps and new speakers. lol