1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Getting a new exhaust put on for Christmas! Any tips/suggestions?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by AnimalYates, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin New Member

He was probably talkng about the tips. If you get chrome tips they tend to rust some what quickly. That is why people tend to get stainless steel tips because they don't rust that fast.
  2. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Well I went to a local muffler shop and got a price of $280 for everything including parts, labor, etc so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger since thats a price I can live with. Getting a single-in dual-out flowmaster super 44 with 3.5" tips running straight out the back. Probably getting it done Friday the 23rd, so I'll put some pics up then and I will definitely be making a before and after exhaust video. Thanks for the help guys!
  3. Sounds like a good plan, and I vote yes for a video. It will be a nice early Christmas present :great:
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Living in Ohio I would strongly recommend a stainless kit. The salt will eat at the system and rot out. The other thing I would ask is how are they going to bend the pipe. Are they going to use a mandrel? If not than the bends will have crinkles in it. This will reduce the flow some. A mandrel bend will be smooth.
  5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Is stainless alot more expensive? And also, I have absolutely no idea how they plan on bending the pipes. If I think of it I will ask when I go in there to make the actually appointment tomorrow or the day after
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Stainless is more expensive. But it will last much longer than anything else.
  7. audible

audible New Member

The Rumble in the Jungle.

I finally pulled the trigger. After much research and debate I ordered a "DB Exhaust System", made by CORSA. A rather new subsidiary of CORSA for trucks and Jeep applications. Best part=== NO DRONE, like all CORSA systems. I should receive around the 24th. I'll post pics then. Here is their website and the part# I ordered for $485.00.

Part# 24905

Pic of the tip
    DB Exhaust tip.jpg
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Can you shed some light on why you chose to go this route as opposed to Magnaflow (which you had been considering)? I'd like to benefit from your research in the off-chance that I elect to change my exhaust system. (I bought the truck used and the Flowmaster was already on it...)
  9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

$280 is not abad price at all for a full system. I paid $400 for mine from the cat back. I wouldn't waste your money on high flow cats either in the future. Unless of course you go all out and get headers too, which I still wouldn't waste money on.
  10. audible

audible New Member

Why I chose CORSA (DB Exhaust)

Hey Surrealone,
    Here is the story:

I was considering Magnaflow mainly due to cost, but it came down to the fact that I have been down the road of "save a buck now...spend twice as much in the long run trying to correct your error". Plus I found many reviews on the internet saying the drone on our Silverados was not good from many Magnaflow buyers. Did not find any bad reviews for CORSA on our Silverados.

Real reason I went with CORSA is experience. About 7 years ago my father-in-law and I bought a pair of used 1996 Corvettes. Mine had stock exhaust (way too quiet) and his had a make-shift "custom system" in which the drone was bad. So, he having more funds, and time, shopped around. He was told that Borla was top dog and that was the only way to go for sound and performance. Well, 1 week after having it on he basically parked the car as the drone would literally give you a headache after a few minutes of driving. I came to his house to drive it, thinking he was just old...I could not stand the drone either. So, we drove down to Hubuard Chevy in Upland CA...A serious Vette dealer at the time. The service manager said to look to CORSA as they were the authorized Vette exhaust manf and built the exhaust for the high end Vettes OEM. He said many of his customers have installed the CORSA and love it. So, dad-in-law being a bit gun shy, (could not blame him)...I went ahead and ordered my system for $1,100.00. One week later and 2 hours installing=====AWESOME sound and no drone. Quiet rumble around town...stand on it==nice and nasty!!! Dad-in-law came down and drove mine...came back called CORSA and ordered that day for his. The Borla crap was sold for 50% of the $1,600 he paid to a younger man who wanted LOUD...he got it.

So, I'm hoping for the same wonderful outcome here on my truck. Hope this helps.

Randy
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012